About Miranda Monroe
& Grand Traverse Nutrition
Miranda is your go to nutrition adviser committed to providing Prevention, Performance and Recovery through personalized nutrition plans and coaching for individuals, families and teams.
She has a Master’s Degree in Nutrition, is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), and Nutrition Coach / Consultant in her own Private Practice, Grand Traverse Nutrition, LLC. She has extensive experience across a variety of areas in clinical dietetics, sports/performance nutrition, the pharmaceutical and food industry, and corporate health and wellness promotion.
Areas of specialty for Miranda include sports/performance nutrition, weight management, food sensitivities and culinary arts. She has a particular interest in sports nutrition and has completed the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Diploma of Sports Nutrition. Translating current nutrition science into personalized, practical, every day advice, Miranda thrives on working with both individuals and teams to create personalized nutrition plans for training and competition performance goals. Consulting regularly with endurance athletes (running, cycling, swimming & triathlon/IRONMAN®), strength and power sports, she is successful in helping them achieve results and in many cases complete the event of their dreams.
Realistic and down to earth, Miranda is passionate about enjoying food to the fullest and nourishing a healthy, balanced, lifestyle through real foods. She uses Michigan grown foods and local ingredients whenever possible for whole foods with the freshest taste and highest nutritional value. A home “chef” with training in food science and culinary arts, Miranda provides easy to use know-how and resources for creating delicious, nutritious “fast” food for busy people.
- IOC (International Olympic Committee) Diploma in Sports Nutrition, 2015
- Master of Science in Nutrition, 1999 – Case Western Reserve University
- Dietetic Internship, 1998 – University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, 1997 – Michigan State University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- ISAK (International Skin Anthropometry & Kinanthropometry) Level 1
- Certified Lifestyle Eating and Performance (LEAP) Therapist (CLT*)
- Nutrition Consultant/Coach, 2011 to present – Grand Traverse Nutrition, LLC
- Wellness Account Representative, 2011 to 2013 – Priority Health
- Nutrition Sales Consultant, 2004 to 2011 – Novartis Medical Nutrition/Nestle Health Sciences
- Director of Clinical Nutrition/Internship, 2003 to 2004 – Hurley Medical Center
- Clinical Dietitian/Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), 2000 to 2003 – Hurley Medical Center
- American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group (SCAN)
*CLT is a specialist in addressing inflammatory conditions caused by non-IgE food sensitivity, such as IBS, migraine, fibromyalgia, arthritis and more.